San Francisco

San Francisco

Friday, March 25, 2011

Conservatorship Nightmare - Part 4

The Week of Christmas

So, by now I had loaned my new best friend $4000 for Christmas gifts and $1200 to go to Disneyland in just 8 days.  She was calling me multiple times a day and visiting at least once a day.

To tell you the truth, it was nice to have someone to talk to.  The past months had been so hard.  My Grandmother hardly slept at night.  She was starting to wander during the day.  I was talking to her doctor on a nearly weekly basis for advice.  I never wanted to tell her no, so pretty much did everything she asked of me.

One night, she wanted me to wash the kitchen floor.  It was then that I realized how Cinderella must have felt.  I was on my hands and knees scrubbing the floor, and she was standing over me pointing out all the spots I had missed.  I was tired and frustrated at the time, but now I would give anything to be on my hands and knees washing the kitchen floor at my Grandmother’s house.  It would be wonderful to have her point out all the spots I missed.  Hell, I would stay up all night and wash the floor if she wanted me to!

I miss my Grandmother so much.  What has been allowed to happen at the hands of these greedy, heartless conservators and attorneys is a travesty!  Avoid conservatorships at all costs!

Well, back to my story.  I was saying it felt good to have someone to talk to during such a hard time.  Since she was either there or calling me 20 times a day, the reprieve must have clouded my judgment because I honestly did not see what she was up to at the time.

My new friend ended up borrowing $6500 from me for Christmas presents.  One more quick story before I end Part 4.

On Christmas Eve, my new friend asked me if I wanted to go in on a big screen TV for my brother.  I said sure, but told her I would rather not spend more than $600 or $700 TOTAL.  In reality, I was paying for the entire gift since I was “lending” her the money for her part of the gift.  She ended up buying him a TV for $900 or $1000 if I remember correctly.

When my brother finally showed up on Christmas day, I wondered if he would thank me for the gift.  It was a very nice gift after all.  A couple of hours went by and he still had not thanked me.  I went up to him and said “You’re Welcome!”  He asked, “For What?”  I told him about the TV.  He told me that my new friend never told him the gift was from me, too!  It was clear that she definitely did not tell him about the money she had been borrowing!


Stay Tuned for Part 5