San Francisco

San Francisco

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Conservatorship Nightmare - Part 2

RETURN FROM DISNEYLAND!

While in Disneyland, my new best friend called me a few times.  She thanked me for “lending” her the money and told me what a great time they were having.  My new friend returned on Monday evening, and much to my surprise, she arrived at my Grandmother’s house bright and early on Tuesday morning.

Again, tears but this time in person tears rather than over the phone tears.  Christmas was in just 8 days and she had NO money to buy presents for her children.  She was expecting that money from her ex and he just didn’t care about their children after all how could he deprive them of Christmas Presents?

Again, I felt sorry for her and offered to lend her money for Christmas.  She immediately stopped crying and accepted my offer.  When I asked her how much she needed, she told me $3500.  Once I picked my jaw up off the ground, I told her I would write her a check.  No, no.  I need cash.  I cannot cash a check because my ex ruined my credit…another big fat lie!


So off we went to the bank, where I cashed a check for $3500 and then gave her the cash.  Before she left I asked her if she had told my brother she was borrowing money from me.  “Of course, I told him and he is okay with it.”

$4700 in less than a week, and I still had not caught on.  Anybody have a 2 by 4?

See Part 3 tomorrow….