San Francisco

San Francisco

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Lawrence "Larry" Siracusa

Lawrence Siracusa of
Witherspoon & Siracusa

The first time I saw Lawrence “Larry” Siracusa was on the second floor at 400 McAllister Street…San Francisco’s Probate Court.  At the time, I did not know who he was but remember being quite entertained by this hyperactive, dramatic man who was rushing in and out of the courtroom greeting various attorneys and wishing everyone good luck.  He wished my attorney good luck, and he also wished my brother’s attorney good luck.  Good luck, Tom!  Good luck, Emilie!  Odd!  How did this strange man know about my case and why was he wishing everyone good luck?  At the time, I thought he was the court’s good will ambassador.

Based on my experience over the last 18 months, I have found out that Mr. Siracusa is anything but a good will ambassador and that his law firm has a lock on a huge percentage of the probate business in San Francisco.

Earlier today, I went to the court website and did a quick survey.

The first thing I did was determine how many cases are on the Probate calendar for Monday, March 21, 2011…56 cases.  I then went through each case and found out which attorneys are involved.  Lawrence “Larry” Siracusa and his merry band of thieves are involved in 16 of the 56 cases:  35%.  35%!

Just for the fun of it and because I was very curious, I went to lawyers.com and searched for Wills and Estate Planning Law Firms in San Francisco. I also included the immediate area surrounding San Francisco since attorneys from San Mateo County, Marin County, etc. also represent victims of the probate system in San Francisco.  According to lawyers.com, there are 430 such law firms.

Recap:
56 total cases
16 cases to Team Siracusa and
40 cases to the other 429 law firms

UNBELIEVABLE!

Team Siracusa has billed my Grandmother’s Trust over $350,000 for legal and professional fees in just 15 months!  Team Siracusa is also responsible for another $250,000 in expenses bringing the grand total to $600,000.  A staggering $40,000 per month.

In August of 2009, just one month after this case started, Lawrence “Larry” Siracusa negotiated a deal with my attorney.  In a nutshell, Larry told my attorney in an email that if I agreed to mediation, the case would be over…no more litigation…no more legal fees!  I agreed to mediation and the case was dismissed but just six weeks later, Lawrence “Larry” Siracusa and Elizabeth Adler filed the exact same case against me.  They even filed it under the dismissed case number!  I was blown away!

I am currently fighting Team Siracusa and trying to undo some if not all of the damage that has been done.













Lawrence "Larry" Siracusa