San Francisco

San Francisco

Saturday, March 19, 2011

My Brother

He cried at night and the role of protector I would assume,
Terrified of those clowns who lived in the closet of his room.

I worried about my brother every single day of my life,
My first priority even after I became a mommy and a wife.

His well being was always my first concern, it's true,
Just wanted him to be happy, it was the least I could do.

Our Dad died when we were so young just 14 and 11
Lives were changed forever when Gary went to Heaven.

The sadness in his eyes broke my heart, haunted my soul,
Taking care and protecting him from harm was my main goal.

Until 18 months ago, I thought he was the one person I could trust,
I always thought that family ties and loyalty were an absolute must.

My brother betrayed me with his horrific lies and disgusting greed,
A brother without a conscience or heart is one that I do not need.

Never thought that life would take this turn and end up like this,
Despite all the hurt he has caused, my brother I truly do miss.





















Lori Ann DeMartini
March 19, 2011