San Francisco

San Francisco

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Conservatorshp Nightmare - Part 5

Part 5
The Week Between Christmas and New Year's

Christmas was now over and I did not hear from my new best friend until December 27th when she called and asked if she could come over to visit.  Of course, I said yes even though I knew the reason for her visit and was reluctant to lend her any more money.

She arrived at lunch time, and we went out for Chinese food on Irving Street.  My Uncle was at the house that day and he was happy to stay with my Grandmother while I was at lunch.

While at lunch, my friend told me the sad story of how her ex-husband did not pay child support for the month.  With tears in her eyes, she confessed to me that she was “broke” and asked if I could lend her some money.  I offered to write her a check but she insisted on cash.  After I paid for lunch, we went to the bank, and I withdrew $500 for her.

She was so grateful.  She told me that she would pay me back as soon as she received the $100,000 her ex-husband owed her.  I still did not know that she was lying to me and believed she planned on paying back all the money I had “loaned” to her.

After going to the bank, we went to Andronico's Market and I purchased over $100 worth of groceries for her and my brother.  Afterall, she had not received any money from her ex and they had no groceries and nothing for dinner that night.  She emphasized that my nephew, Mitchell, was with them that night.  Nothing like a little bit of guilt to motivate me!

I saw my new best friend again on the 28th of December when she asked me if I wanted to “go in” on a New Year’s Eve party with her.

 


 

Next Time:  Part 6…Guess Who Paid for the New Year's Eve Party?