San Francisco

San Francisco

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Conservator Nightmare - Part 7

Let's Have a  
New Year’s Eve Party

In my last installment, I told you that my new best friend and I were giving a New Year’s Eve party together and that she needed a “loan” for $750 to pay for her half.

My part of giving the party was to buy all the wine and alcohol. My new friend asked me to buy 2 cases of wine, vodka and mix. I also was assigned appetizers. Should have been a hell of a spread with $750 worth of food and some decorations! Don’t you think?

Well, New Year’s Eve day came around, and I talked to my new friends dozens of times. She was going to come pick me up and then my brother would drive me home after midnight. My Uncle planned on staying with my Grandmother until I returned.

Well, the time for pick-up came and went. At 8:00 pm, I received a call informing me that my friend couldn’t pick me up. My Expedition was at my brother’s house, so I did not have a car.

When I hinted that I might just stay home. My new friend became irrate. I called a cab and arrived in Millbrae at 9:30 p.m. There were 3 or 4 people there. Who was going to drink all the wine and where was the extravagant New Year’s Eve meal I had anticipated?

My new best friend was dancing around the kitchen by herself. I looked at my brother who rolled his eyes. I stayed for a half hour, called a cab and went home.

 
 
Next Time Part 8!
Time to Talk to Tom