San Francisco

San Francisco

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Conservatorship Nightmare - Part 6

New Year's Eve Party!

Christmas is now a distant memory for some of us, and I am still trying to figure out my new best friend.

On December 28th, my friend approached me and asked if I would be interested in hosting a New Year's Eve party with her.  My first reaction was to say no but as she explained, my brother really wanted to have a party and they just didn't have the money....that damn ex-husband!

We talked about the party and who would be invited and reluctantly I agreed.  We then went to lunch, and after I paid, my new friend informed me that she needed a "loan" to pay for her portion of the New Year's Eve extravaganza.

OMG!  I thought to myself.  I asked her how much money she needed and she told me $750.  By now, I felt committed to the party and she was still adamant about paying me back the "loan" in March when her divorce was final and she received $100,000 from her ex-husband.

We drove to the bank, and I withdrew $750 from my account!   By now, I knew she only took cash.  No checks!  Ex-husband ruined her credit!

I gave her $750 and off she went....


Next:  Part 7 - The Party!