San Francisco

San Francisco

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Unconscionable!

These people will stop at NOTHING to make a buck!

I received an email early this morning informing me that my Grandmother was at St. Mary's Hospital and that she had been diagnosed with pneumonia.  She was admitted on Sunday but I found out via an email this morning (Tuesday morning).

This is the second time she has been taken from the nursing home to the hospital because of pneumonia.  Statistics show that when people are allowed to die at home, their risk for pneumonia decreases SIGNIFICANTLY since they are not exposed to other sick patients.  I have begged the conservators and attorneys to allow her to go home.

The email also stated that my Grandmother was being placed in comfort care.  Comfort care is a drug induced death.  When someone is old and sick with no chance for recovery, they are placed on a morphine drip and they eventually die.  This is the second time St. Mary's hospital staff has recommended comfort care and the second time that the conservator has chosen to keep her alive despite the fact that she has no quality of life.

I spent several hours at the hospital this morning.  At one point, a doctor came into the room and asked me if I could help her reach the conservator.  Imagine the look of surprise on my face!  St. Mary's Hospital was having a hard time reaching the court appointed, thief who only cares about how much he is going to invoice for "caring" for my Grandmother.  What a joke!

The conservator has decided to continue to prolong my Grandmother's life.  She received intravenous antibiotics and blood transfusions and her condition is now improving.

They are bringing her back to the nursing home.  My Grandmother, who will be 99 next week, would never have wanted to live this way because she is not living.  She lies in a hospital bed unable to move and only communicating with her eyes.  They will not let her die because there is still money available for them to steal.

The unaccredited nursing home bills $9000 per month...cash only!  These people are disgusting, despicable excuses for human beings and our court system allows it.