San Francisco

San Francisco

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Elizabeth Adler, Conservator of the Estate

My Uncle and I made some of the funeral arrangements yesterday.  While at the funeral parlor, we learned that Herb Thomas was "done" with my Grandmother's case.  A direct quote from the man, Mr. Thomas, himself.

Pretty amazing.  Ruining families and charging outrageous fees one minute and "done" the next!

Unfortunately, there is another conservator assigned to my Grandmother. Elizabeth Adler, Conservator of the Estate.  Hard to imagine but like her counterpart Herb Thomas, Elizabeth "Liz" Adler has no heart and definitely no conscious.


I contacted Elizabeth Adler last night to let her know that arrangements for the burial are underway and that my daughter, Jamie, and I would like to go to my Grandmother's house tomorrow to pick out a dress for her to be buried in.  I suggested a 3 hour window tomorrow.

It's still early...9:50 am...but how long does it take to answer an email and confirm a meeting time.  She has to meet us since the doors are padlocked and all.

Not even an email with an "I'm sorry about your Grandmother.  Let me check my schedule and get back to you."  That just took me less than 30 seconds to type.

Liz and her attorney Larry are the two that are trying to obtain liens against my Grandmother's property for 12 months of fees and services totaling close to $100,000.  They have been involved for approximately 20 months.  We haven't seen their invoice for the other 8 months yet.  I am sure it will be a DOOOZY!

Call me crazy but I participated in a mediation that dismissed this case in October of 2009!

I am sitting here wondering if they resent my Grandmother's death because they were not able to totally drain the estate.