San Francisco

San Francisco

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Sixth Amendment to the U.S. Constitution

Article 2.7 states the following:

“A defendant has the right to be represented by the attorney(s) of his choice or may represent himself.”

Just when you think you have heard it all!  Elizabeth Adler and her litigation attorney, Brian McCafferty, filed yet another Petition on August 24, 2011.  By the way, Brian McCafferty is Ms. Adler’s litigation attorney and should not be confused with Lawrence Siracusa, Ms. Adler’s probate attorney.  Yes, the Catherine R. DeMartini Revocable Trust pays for two attorneys for the “professional” fiduciary Adler.  Keep that in mind.  You’ll find out why in a minute.

Now, back to the August 24, 2011 Petition and my comment “just when you think you have heard it all!”  McCafferty and Adler filed a Petition to have my attorney disqualified.  You may recall that the same pair filed a Petition to have the same attorney removed as my Uncle’s attorney last month.   Now, they want him removed as my attorney.

I do not understand many, many things about this case but for right now there are two that are causing me more confusion than usual…

1.      What could Ms. Adler be thinking?  Didn’t she learn how to share when she was a child?  She gets two attorneys but doesn’t want Paul and Lori DeMartini to have any!

2.      An even more important question is what about the United States Constitution, Amendment Six that states:

When I researched the Sixth Amendment to the United States Constitution, I could not for the life of me find the part that says the Sixth Amendment applies to everyone in the United States except for Lori Ann DeMartini.

Finally, I would have thought the standard law school curriculum included at least one class regarding the United States Constitution… or at the very least the first ten Amendments.