San Francisco

San Francisco

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Just Can't Seem to Let This Go...

From November 2010 through April 2011, I tried desparately to convince the conservator of the person, his two attorneys, my grandmother's attorney and, of course, the powers that be, Liz and Larry, to allow my grandmother to go home after she was released from the hospital following her stroke.

Everyone following the blog knows that Katie never went home and that her worst nightmare became a reality.  She died in that horrific nursing home.


What I am struggling with is WHY they would not allow her to go home.

Everything I have read and everyone I have talked to including "real" professionals in the elder care field, unanimously support in home care.  Heck, Herb Thomas is now offering in home care as one of his menu items.

"there's no place like home....there's no place like home..."
I was doing some research today and found that one of the busiest conservators in San Francisco, who just happens to be yet another one of Larry Siracusa's clients, is the secretary for an in home care company whose motto is "There's No Place Like Home." 

This organization supports and encourages in home care.
If I could make sense of it, I might be able to let it go.  But, it makes absolutely NO sense at all!