San Francisco

San Francisco

Saturday, July 2, 2011

Professional Malpractice? Owen and Caridad

 
from...

The Sad Saga of Elder Abuse: 
Prevalence Far Greater Than Perception
by Albert Samaha
examiner.com


"Accordingly, Vallangca questions whether her lawyers fulfilled their fiduciary duties.“I felt my lawyer should have protected me. I was never protected,” she explains, “The divorce I understand, but the restraining order is too much.” Eberle maintains that the law team did all they could, and states in a letter, “Dr. Sutherland’s testimony regarding Owen’s statements to her made it clear that we would not prevail.”


Continue reading on Examiner.com The sad saga of elder abuse: prevalence far greater than perception - New York urban policy | Examiner.com http://www.examiner.com/urban-policy-in-new-york/the-sad-saga-of-elder-abuse-prevalence-far-greater-than-perception#ixzz1Qzx2omy7