San Francisco

San Francisco

Thursday, March 3, 2011

PPJ Gazette Recent Post

Below are my comments in response to an article that I recently read... "Guardian Abuse Rampant in California."  I found the article on the PPG Gazette.

Marti,

I am currently living a SF Probate Court nightmare, and my heart goes out to Jamie. Thank you for sharing her letter.

In less than two hours, I was able to locate 22 current cases within the probate system in San Francisco that are very similar to both mine and Jamie’s cases. The conservators and their attorneys hang on tight until all the money is gone or the conservatee dies. Families are alienated, the conservatee is isolated, homes are sold, family heirlooms are stolen, lifetime savings are spent on attorney’s fees and other unwarranted expenses that do not benefit the trust or the conservatee.

In my case, there are six attorneys involved. Everytime there is a hearing, the Trust is billed in excess of $7500 just so that the two conservators and their attorneys, the court appointed attorney for the conservatee, a litigator for the conservator and the attorney who fraudulently filed the case to begin with have the opportunity to attend the proceedings, pat each other on the back and pontificate in front of the judge. That $7500 does not include all the time they bill for the motions they file and endless phone calls and emails to each prior to the hearing.

In less than one year, the conservator and the attorney for the conservator, have billed for fees in excess of $100,000. In less than a year, total legal and professional conservator fees being billed to the trust exceed $350,000. The conservator and their attorney want to place a lien on my Grandmother’s house when just one year ago there was nearly $500,000 in liquid assets.

My case was mediated and completely settled in October of 2010. Six weeks later the EXACT same case was filed against me under the SAME case number. It is amazing what these unscrupulous, hypocrits get away with while hiding behind their “court appointed” status.

The sad truth is that my Grandmother is living her last days in a disgusting, God awful nursing home eventhough there is more than enough money to pay for 24 care by a registered nurse in her own home. Living in a nursing home was her worst nightmare. I have begged them to return her to the home she lived in for over 80 years but my requests are ignored. I have been ignored for one year now. Completely shut out of my Grandmother’s life after either seeing her or talking to her EVERY day of my life.

This experience has truly been a nightmare. Forged Trust documents, unlicensed caregivers, changes made to her Trust eventhough the attorney was aware of her incapacity, blatant lies and accusations, the list goes on and on.

There are days I am totally overwhelmed and my thoughts drift to giving up the fight. Luckily, my love for my Grandmother keeps me going and gives me the strength to continue on.

http://www.stopguardianabuse.org