San Francisco

San Francisco

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

The Court Appointed Attorney

I attended a probate hearing today and am actually very pleased with the outcome.  As I waited for my case to be called, one of the court appointed attorneys for my Grandmother walked in front of me.  When I saw him, my initial reaction was rage but rather than allowing myself to get angry over what he has done, I sat there and wrote this poem...

Calls himself Bruce or Mr. Feder so they say,
He suddenly appeared on the scene one day.

Says the court appointed him to represent Katie D.,
Nothing in the court files to support this that I could see.

Claims to represent Noni, her trust and estate,
If he thinks Noni likes him, he doesn't know Kate.

Old Bruce is one of them, a corrupt probate thief,
Truly shocking, what they've done is beyond belief.

          Kato, Feder & Suzuki is Bruce's firm in the City,
          That people like him practice law is such a pity.

          Bruce is definitely not the brains of the group,
          He actually comes across as a nincompoop!

          Another opportunist lining the pockets of his ugly suit,
          Self-serving, arrogant, pompous and rude to boot,

          A question for Bruce and his pals who lie and steal,
          If it were your Grandmother, how would you feel?

          Lori DeMartini
          March 16, 2011